Tuesday 3 January 2012

Topshop Makeup

The very kind people at Topshop have sent me some makeup - not just a couple of things but a whole look of products for my delectation!

For this look I used:

EYES - Uniform, a kind of Midnight Blue colour, fairly thick on application, especially when applied over foundation.

KHOL Crayon - Pewter, a little tricky to encourage onto the waterline but lasts well.

LINER - Rook, a nice stiff brush to apply this liquid liner, easy application to the upper eyelid.

MASCARA - Bitter Chocolate, not the colour I would automatically choose for combination with the other colours, but it does soften what would otherwise be a gothic look than I would go for.

POLISH Lipgloss - Truffle, a pleasing slippery rather than sticky gloss (which I prefer) in a dark damson colour, applied with the fingerlasts well, and doesnt dry the lips.


I wore a toned-down version of this look for New Year's Eve but for this review I followed the tutorial provided by Topshop for a Smouldering look. Watch the tutorial here.

Forgive me for the use of Hipstamatic for showcasing the final results, I couldnt get my regular camera application to work! It does make things come up a bit green but you get the general idea.



I have to say I was impressed. The quality of the makeup is great, the packaging is cute and it lasts well. The colours Topshop sent me actually suit my skintone. I'd be happy using this for a photoshoot or a gig, the boyfriend loved it. We both love the nail polish NAILS in Utilitarian too, I've been wearing it since the day it arrived.

Visit the Topshop Website for the new exciting colours for spring. I know I'll be paying them a visit...

THANKS TOPSHOP!!

No comments:

Post a Comment